Compiled programs in linux

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) lhall@rfk.com
Mon Mar 4 08:46:00 GMT 2002

At 01:01 PM 3/2/2002, Pepe Perez wrote:
>hello, I have a problem with a program him to compile perfectly in linux. The program is very simple, it is a sniffer that captures all the data that go by the net. In linux I work perfectly. Pass it to Cygwin, compile it without errors, I execute it without errors, but the program doesn't make anything, it doesn't show anything. That it can be happening?
>Thank you.

This isn't enough information to make it worthwhile to comment on your
situation.  Regardless, your best bet is to debug the application with
gdb and find out where it's having troubles.  If the issue is internal to
Cygwin, you can post your results to this list.  Someone then might be able
to help you.  Of course, we don't mind if you submit any problem report with
a patch as well! ;-)

Good luck,