rxvt cursor corruption under WinXP/ClearType

Rui Carmo rui.carmo@accao.net
Fri Mar 1 15:02:00 GMT 2002

Hello there,

I've been searching the mailing-list archives for posts concerning the vertical cursor "trails" bug that rxvt exhibits under Windows XP with ClearType, but have found nothing.

Steps to reproduce the bug:
- Under Windows XP, activate ClearType (Display Properties|Appearance|Effects|Use the following method... ClearType)
- Start rxvt with the following command line:
  rxvt.exe -tn xterm -sr -fn "Lucida Console-14" -sl 30000 -e bash --login -i
- Type some chars and notice the vertical bars the cursor leaves (erase or redraw are off by one pixel)

This only happens with monospaced fonts other than Courier New or System (Lucida Console, Andale Mono, and practically all other monospaced fonts I tried).

I am willing to help debug/test this, and have spent a couple of hours trying to recompile rxvt on my box (setting up CVS, etc., and following the steps detailed on /usr/doc/Cygwin/rxvt-2.7.2.README), but would like to get in touch with other folk that have been working on rxvt to swap tips.

Since I am not subscribed to the list, please e-mail me directy.

Thanks,

Rui Carmo