Strange behaviour of vpath with dos paths

Soren Andersen soren_andersen@speedymail.org
Fri Mar 1 09:51:00 GMT 2002

On 28 Feb 2002 at 11:24, Colm Aengus Murphy wrote:

> Hi Johan,
>
> I took a quick look at source code for make 3.79.1-5.
>
> It looks to me like vpath.c (build_vpath_lists) does conversion of Win32
> paths to posix ones for the VPATH variable but not for vpath. Not being a
> software programmer I'm not in a position to provide a patch, but maybe
> someone else could ?
>
> Colm A

I am not a software programmer either ;-)  (irregardless of the apparent assumptions made
about me in the past on this List) -- at least not really a "C" programmer (rather, japh-er) but
I will take a look at this and see if I can fix it. Mind you, I wouldn't hold my breath or base
my plans for a major product roll-out on my quick success; I have not yet ever tried to build
`make' from source, so that's the first and possibly not trivial hurdle. Maybe somebody else
will therefore get there before me, but I thought I'd offer you assurance now that at least
one pair of eyeballs out here will be looking into this.

    Luck,
     Soren Andersen