more on inetd problems

Christopher Faylor cgf-noreply@cygwin.com
Thu Jun 27 15:37:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 08:46:09PM +0100, Jim.George wrote:

>> >   I've tried putting the DLL at the start of my path, in the middle, and
>> > at the end but to no avail.
>>
>> ...and executable by everyone?
>>
>> Corinna
>Yes they are all executable by everyone.
>
>When I say all I have cygwin1.dll in the following directories
>
>	/bin, /usr/sbin, /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin, /usr/local/sbin
>
>What's worrying is that the first 2 are dated Feb 25 at 16:16 whilst the
>next two are dated June 19 at 21:51 and 21:52 respectivel, and the last
>one is dated June 18 16:14.  The good thing is that they are all the same
>size (769352 bytes).  They are all owned by Administrator.Administrator.
>
>Do I need to tidy these up?  And if so how?

Are you saying that you have multiple copies of the Cygwin DLL on your
system?  If so, only the one in /bin (aka /usr/bin) is the right one.
You should *NOT* have more than one cygwin DLL on your system.

You also should *NOT* put the cygwin DLL in some "system" directory.
Just modify your environment (via Control Panel) to include c:\cygwin\bin
(or whatever) in your system PATH.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .