vmstat

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 27 14:33:00 GMT 2002

Chris January wrote:

> If it overwrites it, then I have packaged it wrongly. It should put ps.exe
> and kill.exe into separate subdirectories, i.e. /bin/procps/ps.exe and
> /usr/bin/procps/kill.exe.

PLEASE do not differentiate between /bin and /usr/bin.  This caused no
end of trouble during the early days of setup.exe when setup didn't
*always* follow the mounts.  Granted, setup is much better about that
sort of thing now, but don't tempt fate.

There's no need for separate /bin and /usr/bin on cygwin.

(I don't care about the procps/ subdirectory, but I doubt others will be
very happy about it.  cf. netpbm packagin discussion on cygwin-apps)

--Chuck