cygwin1.dll [1.3.11(CVS)]: Changes since 06/19 snapshot cause page fault in kernel32.dll

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 19:39:00 GMT 2002

--- Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov@gmx.net> wrote:

> way?
> >>
> >>Yes! It works fine - I mean the precompiled 20020619 dll. I'm just
> downloading the
> >>snapshot source now and will compile it and see if it works. But this
> >>is strange - I update my source tree with the diff from the snapshot
> >>page when a new snapshot is released - it has worked always till now
> :(
>
> CF> FWIW, it almost sounds like you are missing a recent change to
> dcrt0.cc.
>
> Ok - I agree that there is something that I'm missing :) I've
> just completed the build of the snapshot from
> cygwin-src-20020619.tar.bz2 . The resulting dll has the crash. So
> maybe one of these things is the one which causes the crash:
>
> 1) The snapshot source is missing this change to dcrt0.cc
> 2) The --enable-debugging causes the crash
> 3) The new binutils has something to do with the crash
>
> I willl now rebuild without --enable-debugging and see what happens.
> Then I'll replace the binutils with the old version.
>
> Btw I've checked visually that all the recent changes in dcrt0.cc are
> there. It was last modified 4 days ago though so I should not miss
> them.
Chris,

I just downloaded and compiled from fresh CVS sources, and the issue
described at the beginning of this thread is still happening.  So I can
safely rule out a bad download from CVS.  Also, my cygwin direcory is
sticky to the cygdaemon branch, but Conrad's already merged with the
latest MAIN.  Just thought you should know.

Cheers,
Nicholas

P.S. I am using WindowsME, for the record...
Cheers,
Nicholas