[CYGWIN] Perl with Postrges under Cygwin

Jim.George jim.george@blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 16 08:18:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Hallo Jim.George,
>
> Am Samstag, 15. Juni 2002 um 10:17 schriebst du:
>
> >         That's where my problem starts.  I went to CPAN to find a DBI and
> >   DBD for Postgres (had to grab the ODBC DBD as there wasn't one for
> >   Postgres), trouble is that the install of the DBI pgsql relies on dynamic
> >   libraries so I was hoping there was a binary port of these modules or
> >   advice on installation?
>
> DBD::Pg builds OOTB, with current DBI and Cygwin Perl versions.

I downloaded DBD::Pg but the README.win32 talks about Active-Perl, NT4, and
DBD-Pg-0.95, none of which I have.  I run Win2K, Perl 5.6.1 and haven't managed
to install DBD-Pg (nor any Perl/Postgres interface or driver).

The binary package, when un-tarred, creates a 'blib' sub-directory but I have
no idea where to put this.

Also my paths don't appear to match those of the README.win32.

<snip>

> .so files are never there, just .dll libs.  If you have installed
> postgres there are also the libs and headers.  Look in /lib or /bin
> for the .dll's and in /usr/include/postgresql for the headers.

the problem is I'm so turned around now on this I'm not sure where to start and
what directories are what.

Could you explain to me the packages I need (and dependencies) to be able to use
perl with postresql under cygwin?  I realise I'm virtually asking for things
to be handed to me on a plate but this is only to get to 1st base in another
project (SpamAssassin with a configurable white_list).

<snip>