copy registry settings win98->xp all->user

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir@gadot.org.il
Thu Jun 6 15:53:00 GMT 2002

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

 > For instance, 'startx' doesn't work, due to some X authorization problem.
 > Maybe because mcooky is missing.

mcookie, actually.

On my linux box the startx script runs, right before running xinit:

    mcookie=`mcookie`
    for displayname in $display `hostname -f`$display; do
        if ! xauth list "$displayname" | grep "$displayname " >/dev/null
2>&1; then
            xauth add $displayname . $mcookie
            removelist="$displayname $removelist"
        fi
    done

Basically this snippet creates a random cookie using mcookie and adds it
to the XAUTHORITY list of cookies. It seems that mcookie comes with the
util-linux package on that linux box. I could not find it in any cygwin
package.

Any pointers on how do I make XAuthority work properly?