cannot create directory on startup

Anthony Rabaa rabaa@elorian.com
Thu Jun 6 08:15:00 GMT 2002

Before I begin I want to apologize for this posting.  I scoured the
archives looking for an answer but I am not sure where this problem is
originating from and didn't get very far.  I also tried using the search
engine but it rarely returned and when it did, the topics had
little/nothing to do with my problem (or my search string).

I've installed cygwin repeatedly on my W2K system with different
packages (varying from default to installing everything) and I continue
to receive the following error each time I run the cygwin.bat file or
enter the command 'bash -login -i'.

mkdir: cannot create directory `/cygdrive/c/SF|home': No such file or
directory
bash: cd: /cygdrive/c/SF|home: No such file or directory

I've also noticed that $HOME = '/cygdrive/c/SF|home'.  The directory
'SF' does not exist anymore.  It was originally used as a test install
of SourceForge.  Any help would be appreciated, I would like to use
cygwin to interact with our CVS server (linux) and would like to have
the environment variables set up in my startup script.

Thanks in advance!
--

   *Anthony Rabaa*
   /Stress is when you wake up screaming