run batch w/o .bat?

Jon LaBadie jcyg@jgcomp.com
Wed Jun 5 12:46:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 08:16:43AM -0600, Barnhart, Kevin wrote:
> Yes, I could see how that might be a problem.  But aren't the commands that
> I type in an open shell only available in that shell?  I.e. if I have two
> bash windows open, and I type a command in one, then I can't access it
> (using !! or otherwise) from the other--or at least I haven't been able to.
> That aside, isn't there a way to use the 'fc' command to grab the last
> command from the history and then edit it?

Not sure of bash/cygwin but under Solaris and ksh93 I can get to commands
executed in one shell from another.  Also in the same system I can use fc
in a shell script to access the history list.

Under bash on that Solaris system two bash's say they are using the same
history file, but the recent commands are not immediately available to
a second bash.  Probably buffered in the respective programs and the
history file will be updated later.  Also, fc in a bash script gave me
no output.

Before anyone asks, I'm not near a cygwin system at the moment.

--
Jon H. LaBadie                  jcyg@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing