[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: openssl-0.9.6e-1

Wed Jul 31 06:13:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 03:10:39PM -0500, Kim Scarborough wrote:
> > I've updated the version of OpenSSL to 0.9.6e-1.
> >
> > This is a official security update.  The security advisory has been
> > send out today.  Note that I'm sending this to keep you informed as
> > soon as possible.  The new version is probably not immediately available
> > on the mirrors.  Stay calm.
>
> Shouldn't openssh, lynx, wget, etc. be recompiled against the new openssl
> libs?

According to the security announcement, yes.

This should only apply to apps which are linked statically against
OpenSSL, though.

Other than that, it's the responsibility of the maintainer of these
packages to do that.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.