How do I modify the icon name for rxvt?

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Thu Jul 25 14:56:00 GMT 2002

Benn Schreiber wrote:

> Hmmm, I tried both this and --iconName, but still get the same result.
> Now I'm wondering if this is an XP-ism. I have the taskbar set to
> group similar icons together. If there is only one rxvt running, the
> title of the icon in the icon tray is correct.
>
> HOWEVER, when there are 2 or more, they are grouped together (which I
> like), and the title of the icon group is "Terminal program."
> (including the terminating period).
>
> If I run tcsh in a command-like window this doesn't happen however.

That's what I see too. However, if you click on the Taskbar icon XP will
show you a menu of the terminals in the Terminal group. Each one will be
identified by its icon name. Is this not enough for you?

If I start, say, 8 Netscape browser windows they will collapse into a
Taskbar icon group. The icon name then changes to "Netscp" which is the
program name for Netscape 7.0. I suspect a Windows program registers
it's name and Rxvt registers its name as "Terminal program" (perhaps
through a dll associated with X as rxvt is X aware).