libtool dlopen [WAS: Guile and Readline won't play together]

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Mon Jul 15 22:49:00 GMT 2002

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> Yes, that fixes it.  I recompiled guile with readline installed, and
> the dependency follows automagically.
>
> However, for it to work, I still need to replace
>
>     (dynamic-link "libguilereadline")
>
> with
>
>     (dynamic-link "/usr/lib/libguilereadline.la")
>
> in readline.scm.  Note that this is all with current CVS libtool,
> latest in Cygwin triggers the assert.

Hmm..here's a hunch:  try using (dynamic-link "cygguilereadline-X.dll")
  -- no patch, but refer to the DLL itself.  Let's see if libltdl is
using the PATH to hunt for libraries (as it should).

Then, go back to (dynamic-link "libguilereadline") -- but add "/usr/lib"
to your PATH.

What happens in those two cases?

--Chuck