Rebase and ME (was rebasing apache 1.3.24-5)

Richard Campbell richard.campbell@air2web.com
Thu Jul 11 22:22:00 GMT 2002

>1. Reinstall apache-1.3.24-5, and try and notice what's going on better.

The offending package is actually mod_php4.  It tries to rebase

/usr/lib/apache/libphp4.dll
/usr/bin/cygbz21.0.dll
/usr/bin/cygcrypto.dll
/usr/bin/cygintl-1.dll
/usr/bin/pq.dll
/usr/bin/cygxml2-2.dll
/usr/bin/cygz.dll

as follows:

rebase -d -b 0x68000000 -o 0x10000 ${rebase_dlls}

Where the rebase version is pulled from

/usr/lib/apache/new/rebase

This execution gives a "Rebase has caused an error in <unknown>.  Rebase
will now close." popup, with close and debug options.  Debug does
nothing useful - VC++ 6 can't make a whole lot of sense of things,
although it does seem to be in the kernel dll out of the cygwin dll,
which I suppose I would expect.

I experimented with removing the dlls from the list to rebase one by
one, but that didn't improve the situation.

I also attempted to use that rebase command on each of the individual
dlls listed above.  All gave the same error.

I finally attempted to use that rebase command on msxml3.dll or
some similar name (copied it out of WINDOWS\SYSTEM), with the same
error.

cygcheck -s -v -r output attached.

Suggestions?

-Richard Campbell.