install process hangs on when run under windows 98 (using set up v2.249.2.4)

Mark.Bevan@gwent.wales.nhs.uk Mark.Bevan@gwent.wales.nhs.uk
Tue Jul 2 05:38:00 GMT 2002

I have tried to run cygwin following a reboot after a hung install and think
I may have found something that may help :

Cygwin runs fine - I get a shell prompt (after creating a home dir for me) I
try and run mkgroup (either mkgroup or mkgroup -?) and I get a message in
the shell window :

BASH: /usr/bin/mkgroup: permission denied

and a dialogue box which is titled error starting program saying :

MKGROUP.EXE is linked to missing export ADVAPI32.DLL:LsaClose

I click on OK and cygwin shell seems ok still - I can enter other commands
and exit fine.

I checked my system and the DLL is in c:\windows\system from the properties
file version tab I have the version 4.80.1675 of the DLL on my system.

Hope this helps,

Mark