Second Request: gdb in xfree86: ^C

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) lhall@rfk.com
Thu Feb 14 06:46:00 GMT 2002

At 08:51 AM 2/14/2002, David wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am running xfree86 on top of cygwin on a WindowsNT. In an
>xterm, I enter the following commands:
>
>         gdb -nowindows /usr/X11R6/bin/editres.exe
>         run
>
>After the program starts, if I enter Cntl-C in the gdb window, the
>xserver dies.
>
>Is there a way to break into gdb without killing the xserver?
>
>We must be able to enter Cnlt-C to set breakpoints, etc.
>
>I sent this today to xfree86 but the reply from them said that
>no one knows enough there to help, and suggested I contact
>this list again.

Well, unless someone on this list familiar enough with signals
(or is willing to learn about them) has xfree86 installed and is
willing to try this and debug it, this one will likely languish
for a while.  Here's what you can do to help though.  Try this again
with the latest Cygwin (if you don't have that already) and with the
latest Cygwin snapshot.  There have been some changes/fixes to signal
handling which may help.  Report back your findings.