/dev/registry

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) lhall@rfk.com
Tue Feb 5 14:03:00 GMT 2002

At 04:44 PM 2/5/2002, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> [...]

Sure.  It depends on new ideas.  It depends more on people to actually
implement them.  Since this thread has already pointed out that
discussion of topics is far more prevalent on this list than actual
contributions, I think you should interpret any subtext of this email
exchange as a healthy bit of skepticism that the result of this discussion
will result in a real contribution.  Now's the time for all those
interested to prove the old skeptics wrong! ;-)  In this case, it is
clear that Chris January's stated intent is to implement this feature.
It's worthwhile to reiterate that this topic was brought up in that
context.

Just to set the record straight, if you review this email thread, you'll
notice it's been pointed out that this is not a new idea.  It's come up
and been discussed quite thoroughly before on this list, in case anyone
is interested in reviewing that discussion.  I, for one, am quite
interested to see what Chris creates.  I expect others on this list will
be too.  Go Chris! :-)