Cron v3.0.1-5 setup issue w/ Cygwin v1.3.6

Craig Rees pervigilcraigr@hotmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:26:00 GMT 2002

Hey Corinna,

Thanks for the tip. Once I started redireting stdout and stderr everything
seems to work and email event log messages went away.

# Test CRON tab from CraigR
* * * * * /usr/bin/date >> $HOME/date.log 2>&1
* * * * * echo "Hello from CRON" >> /tmp/echo.log 2>&1
* * * * * touch $HOME/touch.log

However, I am still getting Event log messages, one per crontab process with
every run and now my Event log is full.

Event log messages from WinNT:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source
( /usr/sbin/cron ) could not be found. It contains the
following insertion string(s): /usr/sbin/cron : Win32
Process Id = 0x102 : Cygwin Process Id = 0x102 :
(trendadm) CMD (echo "Hello from CRON" >> /tmp/echo.log
2>&1).

Event log messages from Win2K:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source
( /usr/sbin/cron ) cannot be found. The local computer
may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. The following information is part of the
event: /usr/sbin/cron : Win32 Process Id = 0x704 :
Cygwin Process Id = 0x704 : (crees) CMD (/usr/bin/date
>>$HOME/date.log 2>&1).

I still think I have a configuration issue somewhere.

Any ideas?  Thanks much.

- - -CraigR