[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: expect-20021218-1, gdb-20021218-1, tcltk-20021218-1

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Tue Dec 31 09:51:00 GMT 2002

Jason Tishler wrote:

> I should have been more clear.  I was reacting to the "cyg" not the lack
> of a period.  For example, in 8.0 we had libtcl80.a, in 8.3 now we have
> libcygtk83.a.  This name change is another reason why the above patch
> needs to be reworked.
>

>>I'm not really willing to arbitrarily change the convention now.
>

> OK.  I just wanted to check before I submitted my patch to the Python
> patch collector.

Since the config scripts (/usr/lib/tclConfig.sh, /usr/lib/tkConfig.sh)
seem to be accurate now, is there any way you could use them to
automatically grab the correct importlibs?  It seems that using them is
the Right Thing -- if they work. <g>

--Chuck