Please help

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Mon Dec 23 05:21:00 GMT 2002

Ramon,

I took a quick look at the Cygwin support page
(<http://bioinformatics.org/ghemical/cygwin.html>) on the Web site you
mentioned (I trust you did the same, right?).

Ghemical is a X-based application, which means that before you'll be able
to either compiler or run this software you'll need to install the
XFree86/Cygwin packages (available via the same installer you presumably
used to get your existing Cygw.

Furthermore, according the aforementioned Cygwin support page for Ghemical:

"At the moment (in March 2002) there are no ready GNOME binary packages for
Cygwin, so in addition to Ghemical, you also have to compile a (minimal)
GNOME environment. ..."

To be honest, I don't know what is the status of Gnome for XFree86/Cygwin,
or whether that statement is still valid, but I suspect that it and the
instructions also included on that page are probably close to the correct.

Assuming you just perform an ordinary install of all of Cygwin, including
XFree86/Cygwin, using the Cygwin Setup.exe installer, you'll probably have
a correct Cygwin installation, as far as it goes. That won't get you Gnome,
so for that part you'll have to follow the instructions on the Ghemical
Cygwin instructions page and / or ask for more specific help on the
Cygwin-XFree mailing list.

Good luck.

Randall Schulz