c problem

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Mon Dec 16 08:46:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Max Bowsher wrote:

> mohit batra <mohit2kin at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >  i am trying to run a c program in cygwin howevr when
> > i run the program the printf statements output is not
> > shown on screen .
> >
> > also i want to know what is the extension that must be
> > given to c++ file in order to compile with c++ .
> > whwn i tried to compile with C or c++ or .cpp
> > extensions it gave error that it cannot find
> > iostream.h file .
>
> Both problems above sound like user error.
>
> I strongly suggest you read:
> http://cygwin.com/bugs.html
> and:
> http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

The second one actually sounds like a "Read the manual" error.  IIRC, gcc
3.2 is much stricter about C++ standards, and requires the use of
namespaces instead of header files.  Thus, #include <iostream> should
work.  This is a generic C++ issue, however, and is off-topic to this
list.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune