SIGSEGV when called sem_init() with gdb.

Thomas Pfaff tpfaff@gmx.net
Wed Dec 11 02:20:00 GMT 2002

Just add a breakpoint after the sem_init call.
To avoid multiple initializations sem_init checks if the semaphore is
already initialized and will return EBUSY in that case.
The check is done via IsBadWritePtr which will trigger a SEGV if the
pointer is invalid and not NULL.
The SEGV is handled internally and will not cause the program to stop.

Thomas