* Re: New install on Win XP, no rpm so can't intall anything

Randall R Schulz rrschulz@cris.com
Fri Aug 30 13:15:00 GMT 2002

Jim,

If you're got software distributed as an RPM, it's unlikely that it's a
Cygwin package and hence there's no point trying to get it installed on Cygwin.

I suppose a source RPM might be useful.

Cygwin does include "cpio"--I think RPMs are in cpio format (GNU cpio,
anyway), so you could extract their contents that way.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA