Multiple users in fetchmail

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Wed Aug 14 07:10:00 GMT 2002

Jim,

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 10:22:48PM +0100, Jim.George wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > Is the account that is executing the above cygrunsrv command a member of
> > the local Administrators group?
> > [snip]
>
> the user dani is a member of Administrators.

Although it's probably moot, the above did not answer my question.  When
you execute cygrunsrv to install the service are you logged on as the
local Administrator or as a user that is a member of the local
Administrators group?

> She is in-fact the second user that I'm trying to run ther service
> for, the first being Administrator.

I have just installed numerous instances of the fetchmail service to run
under many different local and domain users without any errors.

Actually, I just thought of another WAG.  Is fetchmail.exe executable by
everyone?

    $ ls -l /usr/bin/fetchmail.exe
    -rwxrwxrwx    1 Administ Domain U   169984 Jun 25 11:36 /usr/bin/fetchmail.exe

Or, just by the Administrator?

> How do I grant the 'logon as service' right to the user dani?

Under Windows 2000 (and XP?), use Local Security Settings:

    cmd /c secpol.msc

Under NT 4.0, use User Manager:

    usrmgr

Note the if a user does not have the "Logon as a service" right, this
will only affect service start up *not* service installation.

> Thanks for your continued help.

You are welcome.

Jason