Program Options vs. cygwin env problem

Stephen C. Biggs yyyyy50@hotpop.com
Thu Aug 8 19:28:00 GMT 2002

On 8 Aug 2002 at 11:12, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 06:50:00AM -0700, Stephen C. Biggs wrote:
> >cygcheck output:
> >
> >Here are the contents of the "Program Options" registry key
> >
> >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\Program Options
> >  (default) = `glob tty notitle ntsec export'
> >
> >However, the same cygcheck gives the value of CYGWIN environment var as:
> >CYGWIN = `export glob ntsec title tty'
> >
> >This seems to be sticking somewhere weird... how do I unstick it??
>
> Either inspect the code and provide a fix for the "title" problem (I assume
> that is what you are complaining about) or just don't use "notitle".  That
> is the default.

No, what I am pointing out is that the registry key seems not to have any
effect after it is set once.  Changing this registry key doesn't affect
the regeneration of the CYGWIN environment variable once it has been
generated once.  I am assuming that the environment variable is cached
somewhere?  I was wondering where so I can change it manually?