Automating Windows from cygwin

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Thu Aug 8 19:12:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002, Samuel wrote:

> [...]

You can also use a tool like MSVC's Spy++ to record the events sent to the
application, and then replay them at the application.  I vaguely remember
doing something like this when doing a project on application migration,
when we needed to bring the new instance of the application into the same
state as the original instance, except we used our own dll for that that
intercepted the function calls.  So I know it's doable (but don't ask me
for details :-) ).  You can, of course, edit the stream before replaying
it (if you wish).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes a 486 to run Windows 95.  Something is wrong here. -- SC sig file