Mysterious gdb behavior

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Mon Aug 5 22:24:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 12:53:09AM -0400, Paul Derbyshire wrote:
>On 3 Aug 2002 at 4:50, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>> (especially after reading the *HILARIOUS* FAQ
>
>I for one don't find it amusing.  Please stop referring to it.
>Moderator, please remove all references to it and all other
>completely-off-topic content from the archives.  There's no viable
>purpose to having such material in the archives anyway, and it wastes
>disk space.

We don't edit archive content except to remove viruses.

Btw, I erroneously referred to myself as "the moderator of this list" in
a previous message to you, oh so long ago.  I was wrong to refer to
myself that way since this list is not moderated.  I should have said
that I was the "list administrator".

So, if I led anyone to expect that messages were inspected for content
before they were forwarded on to the list, I apologize.  The only
filtering going in is spam filtering.

What this means is that I get to ask people to self-moderate.  I hope
that you will do that here.  I don't think you are going to get any more
useful information about your gdb problem and I would like to see all of
the flaming come to a halt now that you've had your say.

Oh, and just to avoid having to respond to another message, I try really
hard not to block people from posting here, too.  The only thing I can
think of that would cause me to do that is if someone was to continue to
exhibit a certain behavior after I asked them to stop.

"The Administrator"
(still trying desperately to extricate myself from this thread)