debugging /usr/bin/info reading compressed files

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadfranklin@yahoo.com
Sat Aug 3 09:55:00 GMT 2002

> Gzip / gunzip doesn't handle BZip2-compressed files.

Ah. I see it was confusing that I used gzip.info.bz2 as my example
info file. Please treat is as if it were 'libm.info.bz2' or anything else.

/usr/bin/info IS supposed to automatically handle .gz, .bz2, .Z,
.zip, etc. files and is currently not handling any of them.
The "COMMAND:" line I posted changes to the correct program (gunzip, bunzip2,
unzip, etc.) to deal with that extention.

BTW, can someone with the GNU Emacs alpha port see if its built-in info
reader works? Thanks.