Executing bash commands from the bash command line

Jelks Cabaniss jelks@jelks.nu
Fri Aug 2 20:42:00 GMT 2002

Hamish Fawns wrote:

> Thanks heaps for your help! (George is one of the guys who replied
> earlier) I got it to work on Win 2K by using the "Bash Shell Here"
> script and then deleting ~./bash_profile, ~./bashrc and removing the
> line cd $HOME from /etc/profile.

Hmm.  Is there not a way (under Win2K or XP -- I'm using the latter) to
have "Bash Prompt Here" available AND keep the regular login shell?  I'd
hate to get rid of the "normal" way of getting into Bash (and doing away
with .bashrc and changing /etc/profile) just for the convenience of
"Bash Prompt Here" ...

/Jelks