HOWTO run ssh-agent as an NT/2K service

Conrad Scott Conrad.Scott@dsl.pipex.com
Thu Aug 1 13:17:00 GMT 2002

"ц╒ц▐ц▓ц┴ц⌠ цЁц█ц┴ц▓ц▌ц▐ц≈" <bgs@eastwind.ru> wrote:
> There is a problem when running ssh-agent from a shell prompt:
when you
> logout from that shell the console window won't close until one
kills
> the agent.

I can reproduce this problem and I don't know why it happens.  A
simple "solution" is to use rxvt rather than a command window.
I've attached the /cygwin.bat file I use for this purpose: you may
need to adjust for your setup.

Note that there is also the problem that ssh-agent doesn't
shutdown cleanly if you logout (on an NT box).  I assume it's not
responding to the necessary signal but I've not yet been bothered
to investigate this.

HTH,

// Conrad