Executing bash commands from the bash command line

Gareth Pearce tilps@hotmail.com
Thu Aug 1 00:19:00 GMT 2002

> > bash -c "cd /cygdrive/c/myfolder ; exec bash"
> >

>Dear George,
>     I did as you suggested however when I called "exec bash" after
>changing
>the directory a new instance of bash was spawned but when a new instance of
>bash was spawned it started in my home directory (~).

I would suggest a google search with site:cygwin.com for bash here
The mailing list archives contain howto do this I am fairly certain and
indeed I believe at one time it was going to be made an FAQ - but was unable
to find it in the faq, and the mailinglist search (non-google) timed out on
me :)

Gareth