inetd / ftpd file permissions

Craveiro, Marco Marco.Craveiro@solvay.com
Tue Apr 30 08:31:00 GMT 2002

hello cygwinners,

i have a little problem again (bad week). i started using cygwin's ftp
server instead of NT's. its working fine but the default permissions for the
files are different and they are causing problems with some of my scripts. i
searched the web and found the exact answer for this problem: a wrapper
script (but not specifically for cygwin). i then

1) installed the wrapper under /usr/sbin/in.ftpd-wrapper.sh and chmoded it
to 755. contents:

#!/bin/sh
umask 666

exec /usr/sbin/in.ftpd

2) changed my /etc/inetd.conf to

ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/in.ftpd-wrapper.sh
in.ftpd-wrapper.sh

3)  stopped and started the service.

unfortunately, i still get my files transferred with 022 permissions. i
couldn't find anything in cygwin's mailing list about this. is this the
right way to do it for cygwin?

thanks for your time.

marco