Spam

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Mon Apr 29 08:36:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 03:04:44PM +0200, Jacob Vennervald Madsen wrote:
>Hi List
>
>Am I the only one who just received a spam mail through this list
>containing Gay video offers ;o)
>
>Can we do anything about the spam mail?

Yes, you can not contribute to the spam by sending messages to mailing
lists complaining about it.

Sending email to the ISP who hosted the spam, on the other hand, is
perfectly appropriate.

We block hundreds of spam messages to sources.redhat.com every day.  No
system is perfect however and some gets through.

Your options are to either live with it or unsubscribe.

cgf