bash create UNIX format under cygwin root, not for other directory?

lau bella bellalauhk@yahoo.com.hk
Fri Apr 26 01:49:00 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I installed cygwin 1.3.10 in w2k c:\cygwin. I set
CYGWIN=binmode tty mode, mount:

c:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
c:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
c:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type system (binmode)

I create home directory in c:\cygwin\home and run
"bash " script (echo somethings to output file), the
output file is in UNIX format correctly.

I create another home directory in c:\data\home and
run the same "bash" script, the output file is in DOS
format.

>From previous post, i think the output file should be
in UNIX format if the mount point are in binmode.

I would like know whether "bash" generates output file
in UNIX format under cygwin root only.

thanks a lot :)

bella