Bug in setup.exe 2.194.2.24

Michael A Chase mchase@ix.netcom.com
Mon Apr 22 09:28:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:36:46 +1000 Robert Collins <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au> wrote:

> [...]

I think he'd be happy at this point if it simply wouldn't default to
downloading a file that is already present but not yet installed.
directory.

> > I can't actually see any advantage in re-downloading the
> > packages *by default*.
>
> The point of 'download' mode is to allow downloads. If you choose not to
> install what you have downloaded, what should setup assume that means?

The download process should probably not even look at the currently
installed status of packages when deciding keep/skip/version in the choose
screen, just what files it found in the local directory tree.

I am working on a class design that could be used in choose.cc when in
download mode to make those decisions.
--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.htm