Why did you guys break EVERYTHING...

Chris Ellsworth cke@highlandshighspeed.net
Fri Apr 19 17:00:00 GMT 2002

umm calm down, maybe you could post more of your scripts and what they
do
and expound on this line
"What in god's name is "/usr/local/bin" on a windows machine?"
do you mean WHERE? not what?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Schwartz, Barry" <Barry.Schwartz@netapp.com>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 3:46 PM
Subject: Why did you guys break EVERYTHING...

> I'm sure you won't put this in the "intelligent" question genre
but...
> I've been using cygwin for years and I brag about it and make all my
teammates install it and make my managers refuse to piss away money on
MKS...
> Well, I think that party's over.  I just installed the new
distribution and every one (and I mean EVERY GODDAMN ONE) of my
scripts that call any of your routines that need to know what a host
or a directory are f#$king broke.  What in god's name is
"/usr/local/bin" on a windows machine?  Why don't you UNIX weeneies
get a grip.  F#$king fix it.  It used to be great.  Now I can't even
change a directory.
> I've gone back to your old, unsupported code until we can find the
money to equip our team with MKS for $400 a throw.  Thanks for making
a great product unusable.