g++ linking problem

Bolten, Dierk bolten@IWE.RWTH-Aachen.de
Wed Apr 17 09:37:00 GMT 2002

Hi!

After updating my cygwin installation, g++ fails to link object files. Self-written C++ programs that used to compile and link
fine under the previous installation, compile but g++ refuses to create a linked executable. I subsequently removed
the cygwin installation completely from my hard-disk and re-installed the latest version, but the problem persists. g++
doesn't even report any problems, it just returns, but no executable has been created.

Any ideas? Every clue is very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Dierk

Institute of Materials in Electrical Engineering
    and Information Technology II
Sommerfeldstr. 24, 52074 Aachen
NEW PHONE NUMBERS!!!
voice: ++49-241-80 27822
fax: ++49-241-80 22300
email: bolten@iwe.rwth-aachen.de
web: http://www.iwe.rwth-aachen.de
UNIX is user friendly. It's just picky about who its friends are.