An deeper and not before asked question about setup.exe

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Tue Apr 16 02:56:00 GMT 2002

First, I've read this thread, and others:
> Yes, it is! :) This topic was covered multiple times on the mailing
> list already, see this thread from 4 April:
> Question on the new behavior of setup.exe

In it, it says: This is done to allow fetching from multiple mirrors.

My question is this: _Why_ is it necessary to create mirror-named directories to
allow the downloading from multiple mirrors?
I have no doubt it was done for a reason, but I would very much like to know
that reason.

Thanks,

Max Bowsher.