load user preferences ?

Marc Chantreux chantreux.marc@wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 15 10:08:00 GMT 2002

>>mc@MILLENIUM:~# pwd
>>/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/mc/_unix
>>mc@MILLENIUM:~# ls -A
>>.Xdefaults     .bashrc  .gimp-1.2  .lftp  Mail       _viminfo
>>.bash_history  .cpan    .irssi     .ssh   Xdefaults
>>
>>but i was worked fine on an older install. Any idea to fix that ?
>>

>Yes.

thanks

>You want to look at the email archives,

done ...

>user guide,

done ...

>and FAQ

done ...

the only problem noticed is that the $HOME is not set ... if you see my
lines, you
you can see that it's done.

>  If you still have trouble for some reason, you'll
>need to provide the list with the specifics of what you've done and the
>process you follow that makes your problem occur.

hmm ... sorry for being ambigous :

- i've installed cygwin with the setup.exe. the $HOME was still set with
%USERPROFILE%/_unix.
- it does not work.
- i've tried to mount this $HOME on /home/$USERNAME without succes.

BTW , i've seen that the /etc/passwd uses /home/$USER as $HOME. I've
just tried :

%HOME% = c:\_home\%USERNAME%
and
mount "c:\_home" /home

failed too :(

>This will give someone
>the possibility of providing you with good additional suggestions.

right ... sorry again !

Marc