Bash shell extension ?

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Fri Apr 12 10:33:00 GMT 2002

Sam Edge wrote:

> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\BashHere]
> @="&Bash Prompt Here"
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\BashHere\command]
> @="c:\\cygwin\\bin\\bash.exe -c \"cd '%1' ; exec /bin/bash\""
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\BashHere]
> @="&Bash Prompt Here"
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\BashHere\command]
> @="c:\\cygwin\\bin\\bash.exe -c \"cd '%1' ; exec /bin/bash\""

Personally I'm fond of "Bash this!" instead of "Bash Prompt Here" :-) !

Also, the above does not handle the issue of the user's startup scripts.
Here's what I have:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\BashHere]
@="B&ash this!"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\BashHere\command]
@="rxvt -e bash -c \"cd '%1';exec bash -rcfile ~/.bash_login\""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\BashHere]
@="B&ash this!"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\BashHere\command]
@="rxvt -e bash -c \"cd '%1';exec bash -rcfile ~/.bash_login\""

Note if you do not wish to use rxvt then simply remove the "rxvt -e "
portion. This also makes the assumption that Cygwin's bin is in your
Windows System Environment variable PATH (which is should be, especially
if you use inetd) and that you've appropriately named your bash startup
stuff .bash