[bug?] binary mount point option in setup

James Nord teilo@cdt.luth.se
Mon Apr 8 14:29:00 GMT 2002

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:

>At 04:19 PM 4/8/2002, James Nord wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I apear to have found a bug in cygwins setup program 2.125.2.10

>>When installing as administrator on XP if you select install for everyone and set the default file format to be unix then the /cygdrive mount point will be binary mode when running as the administrator user.
>>
>>mounts are stored in HLKM, however /cygdrive mounts and defaults are stored in HKCU
>>(see below.)
>>
>>So when a user (not administrator) comes to use the cygwin tools /cygdrive is mounted text not binary.
>>
>>Why does cygwin store the /cygdrive default in HKCU and not HKLM when installing as multiuser?
>>why not store the info in HKLM along with the other mount options?
>>

>Patches cheerfully accepted!

Hmm well...

 From what I gather the setup calls function set_cygdrive_flags in mount.cc
in my case issytem = true

however
Line 202
      status = get_cygdrive_flags (key, &cygdrive_flags);
won't that *always* fail unless the key already exists?  We are
installing clean so it will never exist?

Anyway, diff attached - don't know if it is correct or if it works,
usual disclaimers apply ;-)

>>Also I couldn't find a way to change the options without running setup or regedit again.
>>full drives can be changed with the mount command but /cygdrive only?
>>
>mount -b -s -c /cygdrive

Ahh...

but hand on... what do the flags actually do?
the flag in HKCU is 22 (binary nounmount)? but when I ran that command
it set the flags in HKLM to 2a

difference being?

/James