Bug: cygwin Perl uses File/Spec/Unix.pm instead of File/Spec/Win3 2.pm

Gerrit P. Haase gp@familiehaase.de
Mon Apr 1 22:06:00 GMT 2002

Hallo George,

Am 2002-03-30 um 20:32 schriebst du:

>  To reproduce the bug:
> perl -e 'use File::Spec; print File::Spec->file_name_is_absolute("C:/test")
> ? "no bug" : "bug";'

       file_name_is_absolute
         Takes as argument a path and returns true if it is an
         absolute path.

             $is_absolute = File::Spec->file_name_is_absolute( $path );

         This does not consult the local filesystem on Unix,
         Win32, OS/2, or Mac OS (Classic).  It does consult the
         working environment for VMS (see "file_name_is_absolute"
         in File::Spec::VMS).

>  To fix the bug add a line

What is the problem here?
We try to emulate a POSIX filesystem with all its advantages.

perl -e 'use File::Spec; $print = File::Spec->file_name_is_absolute("C:/test"); \
if (defined $print) {print "No Bug;)\n"};'

>    cygwin => 'Win32',

Use ActivePerl if you need windows features.

>  at the beginning of File/Spec.pm in the definition of the %modules hash
> table.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=