DLLs and exceptions

Danny Smith danny_r_smith_2001@yahoo.co.nz
Mon Sep 24 13:18:00 GMT 2001

 --- Al Slater <al.slater@scluk.com> wrote: > Hi,

> I am working on a project which requires multiple dlls as follows.
>
> cbftest.exe calls libcbfo.dll,  which calls libupdb.dll
>
> The problem is when an exception is thrown in libupdb.dll, I get the
> message
> "abnormal program termination" and the program stops.
>
> If I build the program without using dlls (ie build the program
> against the
> object files instead of the dlls) the exception gets thrown and
> caught
> properly.
>
> I am using the -mno-cygwin option.
>
> Any ideas where the problem may lie?

This is a known problem when throwing exceptions in one executable and
catching them in another.  The exception code must live in one and only
one place. Check the mingw  and the pthread-win32 archives for ways to
do this (under mingw or -mno-cygwin) by putting the generic and C++ eh
code from mingw libgcc into a dll.

Danny

http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
- Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!