find / also fails Re: 1.3.3-2: "cd //c" no longer works

Charles Hixson charleshixsn@earthlink.net
Thu Sep 20 10:56:00 GMT 2001

Charles Hixson wrote:

 > find / -name "?elect?ile*" also failed to pull up anything
(and yes,
 > /cygdrive/ recognizes it.  But find should have found it. find
 > /cygdrive/... reports "no such file or directory.
 >
 > I am using Win95 4.00.950 B.

I seem to remember that yesterday if I:

cd /cygdrive/
find . -name "?elect?ile*"
then the command succeeded.  However, when I tested it this
morning I got the response:
find:  .: No such file or directory

OTOH:

cd /cygdrive/c
find . -name "ruby.exe" -print

works fine, albeit, a bit slowly.  But it finds the same file as
both:
./cygwin/usr/local/bin/ruby.exe and
./usr/local/bin/ruby.exe

I'm not sure that this is a mistake, but it seems a bit strange.
--
Charles Hixson

Copy software legally, the GNU way!
Use GNU software, and legally make and share copies of software.
See http://www.gnu.org
      http://www.redhat.com
      http://www.linux-mandrake.com
      http://www.calderasystems.com/