vim not working

mavles@yahoo.com mavles@yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 02:10:00 GMT 2001

hi there,

i'm very new to cygwin. i just tried installing
cygwin, with most of the packages. Each time I use
vim, the cursor does not move anywhere apart from
being at the top left corner of the vim screen. The
only that seem to be working is PgUp and PgDown. The
indication on the bottom right of the screen shows
that the location of the curser is on the move, as the
numbers of the curser's coordinate changes. But the
new letter that I type just appear and overwrite the
previous on the top left corner of the screen. I am
using Win2K. Has anyone come across the problem?
Please let me know how I can solve this..

I'll wait for your reply. Thank you guys

Cheers,

Selvam