Latest Install - Domain account - File permisssions

Li-Kai Liu news@likai.net
Mon Sep 17 09:30:00 GMT 2001

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 07:00:38AM -0700, Serge Pluess wrote:
>
>>Hi there
>>
>>yep, The machine is part of that domain, I am logging in as a member of the domain and this is the only domain we have.
>>
>>Both commands end up with the same results:
>>
>>mkpasswd -d
>>mkpasswd -d mydomain
>>
>>One thing I have noticed is that there are 12 entries for the local accounts for the machine. It seems that the mkpasswd -d is starting getting the right users, but stops after reaching the count of the local entries.
>>

>Sounds pretty unlikely since getting local vs. global accounts are
>different functions in mkpasswd.  I have performed three checks with
>domains with 13, 141 and 632 users and mkpasswd worked as expected.
>
>You will have to debug that problem since you seem to be the only
>person with that problem so far.
>
>Corinna

i also noticed that (with local accounts), mkpasswd outputs the users
with wrong group id. all user's group is set to 513, which when shown
from mkpasswd -g (or mkgroup), is a None group. fortunately i just had
to manually edit all 4 users and that's all i need to do. isn't this
observation interesting?

however, i'm not going to plunge into this right now. i have icecast to
work on at this moment. ;-)

liulk