Problems setting up a cvs pserver on cygwin?

charlie buckheit@olg.com
Sat Sep 15 13:18:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

In a previous post (which I can't find for some reason) I thought someone
mentioned that inetd actually uses the windows services file
(E:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\services on my machine, similar path on C
drive for you), and recommended a soft link in /etc/services to this file.

I've also been trying to get pserver to run, however I never got past my
problems with inetd. Right now inetd seems to run fine, but things like ftpd
do not work when run by inetd...I get the dreaded "Connection refused" when
I try to ftp to my box. If I run in.ftpd.exe on the command line, then I can
connect (and see all the pretty debugging messages), but then I have user
and password problems. BTW I'm running the latest and greatest cygwin stuff
(assuming setup is doing its job) on Win2000 sp2. I'm figuring that I'm SOL
with CVS if I can't even get ftpd to work.

I've read the inetd readme in the docs, I've searched the list and tried
some of the things people mentioned, including
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-11/msg01229.html . Still I've had no
luck.

I would be interested in working with people with similar problems...we
could take this offline and try to figure out what we are doing wrong and
then maybe update the list when we have something to contribute.

VR, Charlie