window disappear

camip@sol.dk camip@sol.dk
Sat Sep 8 11:07:00 GMT 2001

-- Originalt brev --

>> Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 10:13:56 +0200
>> From: camip@sol.dk
>>
>> I've just installed cygwin on the windows 98 platform. I've used the
setu=
>> p.exe.
>>
>> But when I start cygwin after the installation, the cygwin window disappe=
>> ar
>> after a second.
>>

>The cygwin window is started by running a batch file. By default
>(that is, unless you change it), it called 'cygwin.bat'. Search your
>drive for this file. You can edit it with notepad. At the start of
>the batch file, change the line "@echo off" to "@echo on". This will
>cause Windows to show you every line that is being executed. At the
>end of the file, put the line "pause". This will cause the batch file
>to wait for you to press a key before it ends. Examine the text
>that's displayed and see if you can get any clues about the problem.
>(I'm guessing it can't find "bash" for some reason.) If you can not
>see the reason for your problem, then post the results to the mailing
>list. Maybe someone there can help resolve the problem.
>
>--

After trying what you suggested I got this message in the cygwin window
(I have translated the danish part in brackets):

C:\WINDOWS>
C:\WINDOWS>C:

C:\WINDOWS>chdir \cygwin\bin

C:\cygwin\bin>
C:\cygwin\bin>bash --login -i
Forkert kommando eller filnavn
(wrong command or file name)

C:\cygwin\bin>pause

I´ve looked in bin, but there isn´t a file called bash. There is one in
the directory latest. I tryed to put it into bin, but it diden't make any
difference.