cygwin - xwin (under WIN2000)

Marcelo Varanda mvaranda@rim.net
Mon Oct 22 07:55:00 GMT 2001

I am getting the following error msg when starting xwin:

Administrator@MVARANDA-W2K /usr/x11r6/bin
$ xwin
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Windows NT/2000
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Allowing PrimaryDD
winDetectSupportedEngines () - DirectDraw4 installed
winDetectSupportedEngines () - Returning, supported engines 0000001f
winSetEngine () - Using Shadow DirectDraw NonLocking
winAdjustVideoModeShadowDDNL () - Using Windows display depth of 32 bits per
pix
el
winCreateBoundingWindowWindowed () - WindowClient w 1274 h 970 r 1274 l 0 b
970
t 0
winAllocateFBShadowDDNL () - lPitch: 5096
winInitVisualsShadowDDNL () - Masks 00ff0000 0000ff00 000000ff BPRGB 8 d 32
winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

Administrator@MVARANDA-W2K /usr/x11r6/bin
$