[Mingw-users] Re: w32api maintainer

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Mon Oct 15 04:40:00 GMT 2001

Bernard Dautrevaux wrote:

> And what would be creating a program that print the values of the needed
> constants? Its seems to me it is allowed by the VC++ license (or else it
> would mean that VC++ could not be used to develop any program...). Thus
>
> main() {
>         printf("#define MOUSEEVENTF_WHEEL 0x%08xu\n", MOUSEEVENTF_WHEEL);
> }
>
> should do the trick once compiled using a valid VC++ installation.

The lawyers, and IANAL, can still construe this to be reverse
engineering.

If you already have the PSDK headers you could just opt to use those.
There are things in those headers that won't work with gcc.  I don't
know them all.  One of the things used to be Intel versus AT&T assembler
syntax.  However, I understand that there are patches to gcc that allow
it to parse Intel assembler as well.

Earnie.